Learn to move around your house in 2D and 3D using the mouse
Architect 3D includes specific 2D navigation tools for you to move around your plan: Zoom tool and Pan tool. It also provides specific 3D navigation tools for moving through your home inside and outside: Fly-Around and Walk-Through.
Overview of 2D navigation tools
To zoom in on your plan
- Click the Zoom
- The cursor will change to a magnifying glass. Position it on the plan and hold down the left mouse button: drag your mouse upward to zoom in or down to zoom out.
The position at the cursor becomes the centre of the area displayed. Simply position the cursor in the section of the plan you wish to view.
To move your plan
- Click the Pan
- Hold down the left mouse button and manually move your plan using the hand-shaped cursor.
The Pan tool allows you to keep the same zoom level and work on various areas of your plan.
Overview of 3D navigation tools
To see a bird’s eye view of your plan
- Click the Animated Fly-Around
- Hold down the right mouse button and drag the cursor, now a helicopter, forward to zoom in. Hold down the left button and drag the cursor to the left or right to fly around your house.
You can also use the 2D view to move around within the 3D view: Click the plan to position yourself and specify the starting point for your walk-through, then move the Arrow cursor to steer.
To create a virtual tour of your house
- Click the Animated Walk-Through
- Hold down the left mouse button and move the mouse to navigate through the various rooms of your house. Hold down the right mouse button and drag the mouse up or down to move vertically within a room.
You can also use the 2D view to move around within the 3D view: Click the plan to position yourself and specify the starting point for your walk-through, then move the Cross cursor to guide your fly-around route.
To increase or decrease the 3D movement speed
- Click the 3D menu, select 3D Rendering and then Rendering Options…
- In the Navigation section, move the cursor to configure the navigation speed.
Join the conversation and share your thoughts below